Read & Reading:
- I’m only half way through We’ll Always Have Paris. Such. good. funny. writing. Perfect beach/pool book!
- I wrote a mini review of You’re Going to Be Okay by Holley Gerth. For those of you in the midst of tough times, I strongly recommend it. It helped elevate me over my funk.
- It seems like every summer I get excited about juicing again. It just feels right.
- Thanks to Leigh, I started Sherlock on Netflix –so good! The writing. The actors. The plot. Love it. All of it.
- I’m 3 years in to Project: Finish Frasier. I’m now on Season 10, episode 9. Niles is hilarious.
- I started Homeland. Hello intense.
- I finished Season 3 of Scandal finally. That show makes me want to never trust another human being ever.
- I absolutely loved About Time which was made from the Director of Love Actually. Need I say more?
- About Last Night. Kevin Hart KILLS it in this movie. He’s such an incredible comedic actor. Also? Michael Ealy.
- Peeples (on Netflix). Can I just say how WEIRD it is to watch a bubbly, bouncing, smiling, dancing singing Kerry Washington after having finished Scandal. It’s almost meta.
- Stuck in Love. (on Netflix) I really enjoyed this movie. I think it’s because it’s about a whole family of writers.
- Life Happens. (on Netflix). Meh. I could barely get over how much I HATED Kate Bosworth’s character in the movie. Loathed.
- A little Andy Mineo, a little Pink, a little Jhene’ Aiko.
Things I Love
- Swimming as a work-out.
- Reading on the sun porch, but especially when my little Rhysie-Bear comes out to join me.
- Taking my boys to the festivals, swimming, fairs and myriad of outdoor activities our city has to offer the munchkins.
- Mango Sherbert.
- “Playing” tennis with my boys. It’s the cutest catastrophe you ever did see.
‘Ish I’m up to
- De-cluttering. Donating lots of old clothes, old papers, old books. It feels good to purge.
- I’ve been tinkering away on my new YouTube natural hair channel: Mixed HAIRitage & it’s accompanying Facebook page. (<—Hop on over & join the community if you have interest in all things natural hair).
- I hosted Love Flash Mob for my cousin Zevelyn & her sweet boy. We were able to raise $905 of the desired $1375. Her need is still the same, so you can give via GoFundMe. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
- You guys also generously helped me out when I asked. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Favorite Blogs I’ve Read
- I’ll curate that list for this weekend’s, For You Netizen
Linking up this week with Leigh’s What I’m Into Community!